Family Dining (Lunch Provision)
Children at Springwood Junior School who have a hot school dinner will experience family dining. Hampshire caterers work in conjunction with us to ensure that we meet our accountability to provide a well-balanced meal for your child. If your child brings in a packed lunch, we respectfully request that you do not add crisps and chocolate items in order to meet the national food standards.
Letters in relation to this item can be obtained from the school office.
The Eatwell Guide shows the different types of foods and drinks we should consume – and in what proportions – to have a healthy, balanced diet.
The Eatwell Guide shows the proportions of the main food groups that form a healthy, balanced diet:
• Eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day
• Base meals on potatoes, bread, rice, pasta or other starchy carbohydrates; choosing wholegrain versions where possible
• Have some dairy or dairy alternatives (such as soya drinks); choosing lower fat and lower sugar options
• Eat some beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat and other proteins (including 2 portions of fish every week, one of which should be oily)
• Choose unsaturated oils and spreads and eat in small amounts
• Drink 6-8 cups/glasses of fluid a day If consuming foods and drinks high in fat, salt or sugar have these less often and in small amounts.